Thursday, July 9, 2009

Couture cooling down

Fall Couture 2009 is shaping up to be the most wearable season in recent years, complements of a sluggish economy and the return of the pantsuit! I've picked pieces that caught my eye for their wearability or for pure shock factor.


Armani Privé

Power fashion- lurrve the loose yet shapely fit

This zebra is reminiscent of one of my favourite looks of Jane's of Sea of Shoes.



Chanel

Gorrrrge lace tights throughout. Get me a pair please!

I'm floored by Lagerfeld's genius. These tuxes give Le Smoking a run for their money.

This screams Alexander Wang to me...

A cock-tail dress for reals


Classic.




Christian Lacroix

Man, I have never seen this fashion king so tame. Only a man as well-connected and talented as Lacroix could pull off a couture show during a bankruptcy.

Pared down. Beautiful take on the classic gold and black combo dress.

My favourite look!

I love these too.
Supermodel Vlada Roslyakova looking like the ever gorgeous Russian bride.



Elie Saab

All white catwalk, lots of wearable couture. Several classic investment pieces.

You can never have enough white formal attire.

PHOTO CREDITS: style.com, seaofshoes.typepad.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The zebra is defantly my favorite!